What is Yoop?
Yoop is an easy-to-use tool for mapping entrepreneurship competence gained outside the formal education and integrating it into higher education studies.
The Ministry of Education and Culture and the rectors’ councils of higher education institutions UNIFI and ARENE encourage higher education institutions to develop practices for the recognition of (prior) learning and the accreditation of learning demonstrated in some other manner. Special attention has been paid to the recognition and accreditation of entrepreneurship competence of students in higher education. Yoop responds to this need.
How can you use Yoop?
In this Trachers page, you can read about:
- recommended measures for developing recognition and accreditation of learning in higher education institutions
- examples of good practices in higher education institutions of recognition and accreditation of learning in entrepreneurship
In Students’ materials you can find resources useful in your own work, such as:
- basic information about what recognition and accreditation of learning mean and how they differ from other ways to complete higher education studies
- tips for demonstrating competence
- self-assessment of entrepreneurship competence* as part of processes related to recognition and accreditation of learning. As a result of the self-assessment, the student gets an assessment report (in pdf format) that can be used in further discussions with the responsible study module teacher regarding recognition and accreditation of learning.
*The self-assesment of entrepreneurship competences is based on the EntreComp – European Entrepreneurship Competence Framework. You can utilise it also in course planning and curriculum development work. (Source: Bacigalupo, M., Kampylis, P., Punie, Y., Van den Brande, G. (2016). EntreComp: The Entrepreneurship Competence Framework. Luxembourg: Publication Office of the European Union; EUR 27939 EN; doi:10.2791/593884, see here).
Materials in the students’ section
Familiarise yourself with the materials for students on Yoop. You will find information on the recognition of (prior) learning and the accreditation of learning demonstrated in some other manner, and learn to understand the student’s perspective.[link] Process overview:
The recognition of (prior) learning and the accreditation of learning demonstrated in some other manner still require further development in higher education institutions. Here you will find general recommendations that are mainly appropriate for both purposes. (The recommendations are based on the national report that includes summary in English. http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-952-249-600-3.)
See examples of the recognition of (prior) learning and the accreditation of learning demonstrated in some other manner